The Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore is pleased to present the International Bartenders Association (IBA) Academy – Elite Bartender Course Singapore 2019
The objectives of the course are:
- To create awareness inherent to the use and abuse of alcoholic beverages
- To provide participants with a working knowledge of the wines, spirits and liqueurs available on the international market, including their place of production and quality factors.
- To differentiate and discuss all types of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages commonly marketed in bars
- To provide participants with adequate skills to prepare, mix and serve the different types of beverages
- To improve the participants in experimenting with new cocktail recipes
- To acquaint the participants with the guidelines for bartending working procedures
- To train the participants in bar control procedures
- To train the participants in costing and pricing a beverage list
- To discuss and implement bar merchandising ideas
- To facilitate the learning and exchange of bar cultures
This is a 9-day course conducted from 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 7pm daily.
- Alcohol and You
- Principle of Distillation and Distilled
- Compounded Products
- Mineral Waters and Soft Drinks
- Bar Management
- Bar Service Procedures
- International Cocktail Recipes
- Creative Cocktails
- Wines, Aromatised and Fortified Wines
- Beverage Control
- Costing and Pricing of
- Marketing of Bars
- Participants’ Presentation
- Products’ Presentation by Sponsors
Course will commence on 19th August 2019
Foreign participants are expected to arrive on the 19th Aug 2019 and depart on the 30st Aug 2019
ABSS Member (local):SG$1700
IBA Member (foreign):SG$2700
Foreign bank transfer to: Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited Singapore Bank
Account No: 712 525963 001
Account Name: Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers, Singapore
Swift Code: OCBCSGSG
Local payment by crossed cheque to:
Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore
Asia Pacific Breweries
International Bartenders Association
Auric (McCormik) Finest Call
Auric (Sunquick) Monin Asia
Dilmah Tea Perrier
Foreign participants will be accommodated at the Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore on a twin-sharing basis. Should participant choose to be accommodated in a single room an additional charge of S$1700 is applicable.
Should participant wish to arrive 2 days earlier or depart 2 days later, the room rate is about S$180 nett per night without breakfast.
This course is designed for Barmen with knowledge of alcoholic beverages and with few years of working experience. They must seek endorsement from the President of their Bartenders Association.
Registration on the attached Application Form must be submitted to Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers before the 19th July 2019.
Applications will be accepted on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis. Each application must be accompanied by payment of the relevant fee.
The Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore reserves the rights to reject any application that does not meet the selection criteria.
Auric (McCormik) : Ms Patricia Ho
Auric (Sunquick) : Mr Ashok Sehgal
Dilmah Tea : Mr Rusty Cerven
Finest Call : Mr John Bagnall
Monin Asia : Mr Jason Soon
Perrier : Mr Matthew
ABSS Course Leader : Mr David Chan
ABSS President : Mr Steven Chen
IBA Secretary : Mr Derrick Lee
Certificates will be awarded to participants who meet the following requirements:
- achieve 100% attendance
- pass a written examination
- participate in all activities
Participants graduated from “The Elite Bartenders Course” are automatically admitted to the JWC Alumni.
The top student will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Attitude, Attendance and Punctuality
- Overall Presentation – oral presentation, cocktail mixing and class participation.
- Written Examination
This will be awarded to a student who proved to have strong practical and business sense.
Please contact Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers Singapore at: